Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is a cabin air filter?
- A cabin air filter cleans and filters the air that enters through your car ventilation system. The purpose is similar to a home heating and air conditioning filter you may have in your house. It is important that you service your cabin air filter because as the filter gets dirtier the air entering your vent system could become restricted. As a result it could cause your air conditioning or your defrost system to not work as efficiently as it should.
- Q: How do I replace my cabin air filter?
- There is a video and an instruction sheet for every FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filter that shows you how to change your cabin air filter and where it is located in your vehicle. In some instances your service or owner's manual may help with this information also.
- Q: How often should I change my cabin air filter?
- In general, a cabin air filter should be changed every 15,000 miles or every year but the service interval can vary depending on your driving habits. In some instances the maintenance section of your service or owner's manual may list the recommended service interval for your vehicle also.
- Q: What is the purpose of having Arm and Hammer® baking soda in the FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filter?
Baking soda is used in FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filters to help adsorb odors that may enter through your vehicles vent system1. We chose Arm and Hammer® baking soda because of the brand's commitment to quality.
1Deodorizing tests used isovalenic acid (sweaty odors) geosmin (earthy odors) and dog hairs
- Q: I noticed that the FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filter looks darker than the filter I took out of my vehicle?
- The FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filter is made with a special media that includes carbon and Arm & Hammer® baking soda. The carbon gives the media the darker look. The reason we use carbon and baking soda in our media is to adsorb odors that may enter through your vehicle's ventilation systems. In many cases the filter that was in your car may not have carbon or baking soda. These types of filters do not reduce any odors.
- Q: What does it mean if I can't find my vehicle on FRAMFreshBreeze.com?
- It's possible that you your vehicle did not come with a cabin air filter from the factory or was offered with a cabin air filter as an option and a cabin air filter can be added to the vehicle if the cabin air filter housing is present. It's also possible that your vehicle has a cabin air filter but we don't make a FRAM Fresh Breeze® cabin air filter for it at this point in time. If that's the case, please come back and check again, we're releasing new models all the time!
- Q:Can I add a cabin air filter to my vehicle if my vehicle does not have one?
- Yes if your specific vehicle is listed in our catalog as having a cabin air filter then you can add the cabin air filter to your vehicle if a housing is present or if the housing is not present in your vehicle then you would need to purchase the housing from the dealer to add the filter.